- Understand and describe HAZWOPER's purpose and scope, as well as training requirements.
- Identify methods and procedures for recognizing, evaluating, and controlling hazardous substances and site hazards.
- Recognize chemical identification symbols and definitions.
- Describe the appropriate use of air and medical monitoring methods.
- Demonstrate the use and understand the limitations of personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection equipment.
- List emergency response procedures and spill prevention measures.
Available in English
This course provides the basic information needed to meet the annual refresher requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) for workers at hazardous waste sites who have already completed their initial 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER training. Specifically, this course provides the refresher training for workers who perform hazardous waste site operations that are subject to the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(a) through (p). This course does not encompass refresher training for persons subject to 29 CFR 1910-120(q)--that is, those who engage in emergency response to hazardous substances incidents.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸