IACET Continuing Education Units: 1.0 CEU(s)
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA
- Identify struck-by and caught-in or caught-between hazards associated with serious construction-related injuries
- Identify safe work practices around electricity, including understanding electrical terms, basic electrical safety principles, and regulations which pertain to electrical safety
- Understand the dangers involved in excavations and how to take responsibility and work safely around trenches and excavations
- Know types of fall hazards and how to prevent falls in your work environment by using appropriate fall protection
- Identify the crane safety requirements for the construction industry, and explain how to avoid accidents and identify hazards when working on or around cranes
- Understand ladder hazards and ladder-related injuries and how to select, inspect, and maintain ladders
- Properly use, maintain, store, and dispose of materials including safe operation of cranes, rigging, and mechanical equipment
- Identify a confined space, its hazards, requirements for confined spaces as listed under the Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard, and duties and responsibilities of confined space workers
- Select a variety of PPE based on a workplace evaluation and types of hazards
- Recognize types of scaffolds and how to safely use them.
Available in English
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸